On August 25th, Finnish cinemascope metallers Crimfall will release their new album, Amain, worldwide via Metal Blade Records. Crimfall has now premiered the first video clip in support of the new album. You can see the video for the new single “Until Falls the Rain” below.
Crimfall comments: “Before we unleash the third storm that is ‘Amain’, we present you our very first music video. ‘Until Falls The Rain’ is the crushing conclusion for the album, last simmering truths are laid low, throats bared against the unforgiving fall. It was a long day of drowning under homemade sprinklers, shooing away fire brigades and mopping away thousand lakes of water. In the end we are more than satisfied with the forlorn end result.” The video was directed by Olli Hakkinen and shot by Max Smeds.
Wearing many a mask, Crimfall‘s cinemascopic metal eludes easy descriptions. Harsh influences from their northern homeland and its violent roots meet echoes of black metal, but it is all iced with epic orchestration and symphonic soundtrack atmosphere. The melodies convey soundscapes of majesty and long lost histories as the interplay of Mikko’s demonic screams and Helena’s heavenly vocals bring forth the raw despair and beauty, painting contrasts with a heavy hand as seasons of war cycle in their unforgiving descending spiral.
Crimfall‘s story began in 2007 in Finland as Jakke Viitala gathered talented musicians around him to drive forth his lifelong vision of music that would respect no boundaries. Two albums have been released since then: debut As the Path Unfolds… (2009) and The Writ of Sword (2011), which they supported with European tours. Crimfall is now known for uncompromising visual live shows and diverse albums crafted with patience, as they never do anything half-hearted.
After six years of battle preparations, Amain is their most ambitious album, combining familiar elements with fresh inspiration, and wreathed in massive crisp production from Fascination Street Studios. Featuring music that spans from monumental orchestrations to songs whispered over fading pyres, Amain contains layers upon layers of grand melodies woven between jagged shadows. On this latest release, Crimfall also continues to sing the stories of wars waged in vain, advocating freedom from religious dogmas and the bloody chains of tradition.
For more previews of Amain, both singles “The Last of Stands” and “Mother Of Unbelievers” can be heard at this location – where the record can be pre-ordered in the following formats:
- limited Digipak CD with exclusive bonus tracks (acoustic and instrumental songs)
- 180g black vinyl
- red/black marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
- skin colored marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
- bluish gray marbled vinyl (USA exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
* exclusive bundles with a shirt, plus digital options are also available!
Amain is Crimfall’s most ambitious album yet, combining familiar elements with fresh inspiration, and wreathed in massive crisp production from Fascination Street Studios. Featuring music that spans from monumental orchestrations to songs whispered over fading pyres, Amain contains layers upon layers of grand melodies woven between jagged shadows. On this new release, Crimfall also continues to sing the stories of wars waged in vain, advocating freedom from religious dogmas and the bloody chains of tradition.
2. The Last of Stands
3. Ten Winters Apart – pt1. Far From Any Fate
4. Ten Winters Apart – pt2. Song of Mourn
5. Ten Winters Apart – pt3. Sunder the Seventh Seal
6. Ten Winters Apart – pt4. Dawn Without a Sun
7. Mother of Unbelievers
8. It’s a Long Road
9. Wayward Verities
10. Until Falls the Rain
Mikko Hakkinen – Vocals
Helena Haaparanta – Vocals
Jakke Viitala – Guitars
Miska Sipilainen – Bass
Janne Jukarainen – Drums
- Progressive-metal forefathers Dream Theater announce record deal with InsideOut Music/Sony for forthcoming album - December 11, 2017
- Album Review: Daydream XI’s ‘The Circus of The Tattered and Torn ‘ - December 8, 2017
- Watch STYX new live video for “Radio Silence”, off their album “The Mission” - December 8, 2017